Some report shows that over 12% Americans are suffering from anxiety disorders, As anxiety is one of the most mental illnesses,many of us who affected by anxiety ofen wonder like that "what causes anxiety" or "what causes anxiety attacks", although the specific causes of anxiety discorders are uncertan, the anxiety cause is not mysterious any longer.
|Cause of Anxiety Disorders|
What causes anxiety? Video
These Common external and Environmental factors cause anxiety:
- Stress at work,
- Stress from school
- Stress in a personal relationship such as marriage
- Financial stress
- Stress from an emotional trauma such as the death of a loved one
- Use of an illicit drug, such as cocaine
- Lack of oxygen in circumstances as diverse as high altitude sickness, emphysema, or pulmonary embolism
- Stress from a serious medical illness
- Side effect of medication
- Symptom of a medical illness such as heart attack, heat stroke, hypoglycemia
Substance use and abuse Lead to Anxiety
- Withdrawal from drugs: Withdrawal from drugs such as benzodiazepines, barbiturate drugs and alcohol can cause anxiety.
- Recreational drugs: Caffeine, nicotine and some other drugs such as cocaine, marijuana and amphetamines also are known to cause anxiety.
- Family history of anxiety:some people may have a genetic predisposition that gives them a greater chance of suffering from anxiety disorders
- Abnormal levels of neurotransmitters: while neurotransmitters in brain are not working properly,that lead brain reacting in an inappropriate in some conditions.that also cause anxiety.